They said the personalities of our boys would start to show through around the 7 or 8 month mark. I have to say without a doubt that this is the case. They have discovered their voices. At times, this can be amusing. At other times you scan the house for something to stab into your ears in order to make the noise stop. There is a list of things that they like to do. Let's take a look.
1. Slap Things - Slapping things is fun. It can be the "jump-jump", it can be the tray on their high chair. It can be their brother or the dog. It doesn't matter. Slapping makes a cool noise. Also, if you slap something and yell at the same time, you can make more noise. If you get a brother or two involved, you can make three times the noise. Let's make sure Dad can't hear the television.
2. Lick things - If you can reach something you can lick it. This can be the side of your car seat, your bib, the side of your bottle, or my favorite, your brother's head. Cade gave Zane a strange hair style the other day when he licked the top of his head for a while.
3. Get Licked - The Tess Dog loves the boys. When they are in their jump jumps, she goes from boy to boy licking the face of each one. What do you do when a dog is licking you? Naturally, you OPEN YOUR MOUTH. This allows the dog to lick the INSIDE OF YOUR MOUTH. This grosses out your mother, which may be why you are doing it in the first place.
4. Steal Toys - Oh yes. The other day I put Zane and Cade on the couch, each with his own toy. I went to get Cash, and as soon as I came back I noticed that Zane had STOLEN Cade's toy. He wasn't playing with it. No, he simply took it from Cade and placed it on the other side of him so Cade could not reach it.
5. Pull, Scratch, and Tug - Pull Mom's hair. Scratch Dad's face. Tug on Mom and Dad's lips and nose. Pull the glasses off of Mom's face.
All of these things are exciting to one degree or another. Another thing we have discovered is the "RINGLEADER" phenomenon. For example, this morning at 6:00 a.m., I hear one baby start to scream. Then another joined in. I ran into their room and picked up Cade because he is the one closest to the door. I picked him up and he stopped crying. About five seconds later, Cash stopped crying too. What is this madness? I looked at Cash. He was staring up at me. Carrie actually discovered this. If one starts to scream, one or both of the others will start. If you can get the first one to stop, the other two will generally stop as well. I have to say that one baby is emerging as the ringleader. Mr. Cade Richard Krug is generally the instigator of the screaming sessions. Don't get me wrong, they are all capable of going insane, but Cade seems to be the ringleader more often than not.
Look at him.
He even looks like he is folding his hands. What a little angel? I'm not so sure. I think in this photo he is wringing his hands and coming up with some scheme to make sure no one gets any sleep.
Speaking of sleep, I used to have a bed without three other guys in it.
This is not the case anymore. It's still early, but at this moment this is how I size them up.
Cade Richard - Emerging as the potential ringleader. He instigates a lot of yelling and is generally the first one up. We're in for real trouble with this one. He reminds me of me. I don't know if we are going to get along. He's going to have to learn that there is only one boss in this house and that's his mother.
Zane Chad - He is a very sweet boy. Seems a bit more quiet than the other two. The last to start yelling. This morning when his brothers got up so early and decided to scream bloody murder, I had to wake Zane up in order to feed him with his brothers. He had that look of confusion that said "Hey, it's not 7:00 yet. What's the big idea?" Although he is sneaky. Remember the whole stealing Cade's toys. I think Zane might be the first to sneak out of the house.
Cash Dean - He can go either way. Cade can easily drag Cash into whatever shenanigans he might be up to. He can also go along with Zane and be pretty quiet. He is very into whatever I'm doing, which only spells trouble for him. He needs to steer clear of Dad's path in life.
Last night was my night to stay home and take care of the boys. I thought it was going to be awesome. I cooked some wild game venison hot dogs my brother sent me. I was going to practice guitar all night and drink good beer.
I put the boys to bed at 8:00 p.m. and the night was all mine.
I was in bed by 8:30 p.m.